We have now launched a series of remote Zoom meetings at which Guild members and guests will make presentations on a range of subjects which we hope will be of interest to you all. These are usually only open to members, however occasionally for topics of wider interest (eg Peter and Leni’s talk on Everest) we may open up participation outside the Guild.
The series started in January and takes place on the third Wednesday of the month, running from 7pm-8pm.
The presenter will speak for 30-40 minutes and there will be 20-30 minutes for discussion.
We will usually also keep the lines open after the presentation for informal chat among members.
Who is speaking – and about what?
Our OWPG Zoom series will resume in the autumn. New speaker line-up to be confirmed nearer the time.
- Wed May 19: Peter and Leni Gillman on Everest 1921-1953 – Tales from the Photo Archivies
- Wed April 21: Chris Howes on Photographic Flash Underground (Caving Photography)
- Wed Jan 20: David Taylor on Landscape Photography
- Wed Feb 17: Sabi Phagura on Making the most of Social Media
- Wed Mar 17: Guest speakers Karen Lloyd & Tim Ecott on narrative non-fiction
- TBA – We will be taking a short break over summer, and resuming in September 2021
How to access?
The presentations will offer a mix of entertainment and instruction, with the aim that you should both enjoy the talks and learn something from them.
If you miss the Zoom we may have a recording available – these will be time limited, so please ensure you download the recording prior to the next zoom taking place as we do only hold the last zoom event’s recording – nothing earlier than that.
We will send Zoom invitations to all members nearer the time.
In addition, we now also offer more informal meetings (OWPG Blether!) where members can come together to consider matters of common interest.