Adrian Hendroff is a writer, photographer and a qualified Mountain Leader. He is the first person to have ascended all 273 of Ireland's Vandeleur-Lynam summits over 600m and all 407 of Ireland's Arderin summits over 500m. He is also a member of the Outdoor Writers & Photographers Guild (OWPG) and the Mountain Training Association (MTA).
Adrian is the author of the highly acclaimed From High Places: A Journey Through Ireland's Great Mountains and several walking guidebooks published by The Collins Press (now taken over by Gill Books). From High Places won the OWPG Award for Excellence in the Outdoor Book category for 2011.
He has also contributed to UK Hillwalking and local and international magazines such as Trail, TGO, Mountain World Ireland, Walking World Ireland, Trek and Mountain, Walking Wales Magazine, Irish Mountain Log, Outsider, Cover West Magazine and Gafencu Men; Belfast Telegraph, Irish Examiner, The Irish Times, Irish Independent, Sunday Independent and Discover Ireland's Online Blog.
Adrian has trekked and climbed in Scotland, Wales, England, Norway, Tenerife, the Pyrenees, the Picos de Europa, Romania and Iceland, along with the Alps and the Dolomites, but he considers the Irish mountains his spiritual home.
Adrian has also given his time in organising and speaking at various fund-raising events in aid of Mountain Rescue Ireland, The Irish Brain Tumour Support Group, Trócaire and Adi Roche's Chernobyl Children International.
Adrian has extensive experience of Ireland’s mountains: this puts him in an ideal position for book projects, magazine contributions and commissioned work with conservation and tourism-based organisations.
He has a stock image library of Ireland’s high places in all of its mountains areas. The selection displayed in his website’s Portfolios is only a subset of a larger library – please enquire for more details. Limited-edition and fine-art collections, calendars and other corporate gifts can be made available on request.
As a fully insured and qualified Mountain Leader, Adrian is also available for guiding assignments and leading groups in Ireland and the UK in non-winter conditions. As a member of the Mountain Training Association (MTA), Adrian also runs Mountaineering Ireland approved Mountain Skills courses in Ireland. Adrian has an up-to-date Rescue and Emergency Care (REC3) first aid certificate.
He is also available to give lectures on Ireland’s mountains at club events, corporate events, walking festivals and mountain festivals.
- The Mourne and Cooley Mountains - A Walking Guide (2018)
- Family Walks Around Dublin - A Walking Guide (2017)
- The Beara & Sheep's Head Peninsula - A Walking Guide (2015)
- The Dingle Peninsula: A Walking Guide (2015)
- Killarney to Valentia Island, The Iveragh Peninsula: A Walking Guide (2015)
- Donegal, Sligo & Leitrim: Mountain & Coastal Hillwalks (2012)
- Dingle, Iveragh & Beara Peninsulas: A Walking Guide (2011)
- From High Places: A Journey Through Ireland’s Great Mountains (2010)
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - OWPG Awards 2018, Guidebook Category, for The Mourne and Cooley Mountains
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - OWPG Awards 2017, Guidebook Category, for Family Walks Around Dublin
- SPECIAL MENTION - OWPG Awards 2015, Guidebook Category, for The Beara & Sheep's Head Peninsula - A Walking Guide
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - OWPG Award for Excellence 2012 for Donegal, Sligo & Leitrim: Mountain & Coastal Hillwalks
- HIGHLY COMMENDED - OWPG Award for Excellence 2011, Words and Pictures Category, for Mountains of a Lonely Land, TGO Magazine, March 2011
- WINNER - OWPG Award for Excellence 2011 for From High Places: A Journey Through Ireland’s Great Mountains